After all such long desperate wait did not go in vain ……
It had been my dream from six months. A wish which had rooted deep within me. There came so many precious moments wherein I could have spelt out my wish. But alas! It never materialized. I remember the starry night in October 2007, when it was so close to happen. I was delighted. A bright glow in my eyes, a faint smile on my face. How desperate I was! How desperate to smell the fragrance! To feel fresh! To begin a new life! But it did not come true. My hopes were lost. I was completely shattered. I never thought a joyful moment will ever come in my life. Sitting in the corner of my room along with a best friend of mine, I wept silently for months.
Days passed, weeks went by, months gone…..huh… how could such a thing happen to me? I never thought that I would ever reach this state. But I did have a small hope, somewhere in the remote corner of mind. It may happen some day. May be the time was not for it. May be the Lord is testing me. I knew my wish would come true some day. And it came true yesterday.
Yes! It did! Now my hopes are redeemed, my eyes are eaming with happiness and satisfaction. Ah….how wonderful the world is!
These are the feelings of my bed spread which was lying in corner of my room since September 2007. I think it the other four bed sheets and the four buckets of clothes shared the same feelings. But their await was not so long, it was a just little more than a month or so [:P]. It is really not my mistake. Not my laziness. For example I do wash the essentials clothes everyday [:P].
There was no washing machine working in our hostel except one. I did go to it one night in January to get my clothes washed. But it was so painful because I live in second floor and the damn machine was in ground floor. Finally after a long fight, two new washing machines were brought. But see the irony, they brought only two machines and placed one in first floor and the other in third floor. What sin did we, the second floor people commit? Anyway I had made up my mind that I must wash my clothes.
I started my work at three in the after noon yesterday. After persevering for about seven and a half hours all my clothes were washed! All the rooms in my wing had my clothes and bed sheets hanging in their room [:P]. People coming to the bathroom in the wing in third floor were stunned at my dedication! “You are still washing clothes!?” was their question. And my answer was a smile. [:)].
Believe me. It needs a lot of dedication, determination and devotion [ the 3 D,s] to wash clothes for seven and a half hours on a semi automatic washing machine situated a floor above yours.
Some of you may feel (especially IITians) why we should get pained so much to wash clothes. But it’s really worthwhile to put such effort to wash clothes. Ah… It feels so heavenly now that my clothes are washed [:)].
:)
9 comments:
Seven and a half hours! That is really long! By the way I get the same satisfaction when I change the orientation of my room :P, like what I did just now.
Ah, the fresh, new feeling!
:P
We have 2 washing machines on our floor. =)) Suffer!!
@Arjun
We do too :D
Antarangada mrudanga :D
hey.. are you studying at iitm?
Hey Ramya.. God level writing da. I liked both the concept and the way it was put.. awesome.. keep blogging. and inform me about ur new posts.. :)
@Akila
Why don't you try Google Reader. That way you can be informed
I surely pity the washing machine, though you cleverly stated that 'I persevered'. I think if I wash all my clothes, it won't take more than 3 hrs. I guess you have too many clothes. Why not donate a few :P... You can reduce the burden of the poor machine. When I go home, I see my mom washing sometimes. I think for myself - 'Ah! We just throw them into the damn machine. And see here... People really persevere!'
This is awesome!
Post a Comment